Planning and Zoning
What does Planning and Zone do?
1. Promote the interest of health, safety and general welfare.
2. Protect property rights and enhance property values.
3. Ensure that adequate public facilities and services are provided to the people at a reasonable cost.
4. Ensure that the economy of the state and localities is protected and enhanced.
5. Ensure that the important environment features of the state and localities are protected and enhanced.
6. Encourage the protection of prime agricultural, forestry and mining lands for production of food, fiber and minerals.
7. Encourage urban and urban type development within incorporated cities.
8. Avoid undue concentration of population and overcrowding of land.
9. Ensure that the development on land is commensurate with the physical characteristics of the land.
10. Protect life and property in areas subject to natural hazardsand disasters.
11. Secure safety from fire and provide adequate open spaces for light and air.
12. Protect fish, wildlife and recreation resources.
13. Avoid undue water and air pollution.
14. Allow local school districts to participate in the community planning and development process so as to address public school needs and impacts on an ongoing basis.
15. Promote implementation of the comprehensive plan.
16. Stabilize expectations regarding the future development of the city, thereby providing a basis for wise decisions with respect to such development. (Ord. 527, 3-14-2005)
P&Z ZONING MAP
Map Legand 2